As a Senior UX Designer, I work to make your products efficient, effective, and effortless by
designing meaningful experiences that resonate with your users and align with your business strategy.
Lead UX Designer at 7 Cups
Aug 2018 / Dec 2018
- Homepage redesign created a +65 lift in conversion.
- Ran over 200 Amplitude queries.
- Conducted 9 colleague interviews and hosted 11 surveys to deliver 6 Personas.
- Moderated 7 usability tests to produce 4 app design iterations.
- Generated more than 400 wires and composites.
Senior UX Designer / Developer at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Mar 2014 / Aug 2018
- UX Lead on flagship e-commerce carts with a combined yield of > 8m per day.
- Analyzed and unified 358 disparate e-commerce tools across domain while simplifying user interface. Reduced production costs from > $30k per 60 days to < $500 per 3 days dev time.
- UX lead on cloud app for global bench scientists to collaborate in the lab. Designed instrumental e-commerce integration which received a 300% adoption rate from user testing and influenced > $750k in funding.
Innovation Forecast Manager, Consultant
- Guided global teams on effective practices for social media engagement and conversion.
- Mined social media data pools to analyze trends and develop predictions for company products.
- Produced interactive reports and static reports of findings and recommendations.
Web Applications Engineer (Front and Back End)
Bravo! @ NBC/Universal | Drupal Connect | NorthPoint Solutions | Sony Music Entertainment
- Engineered and committed production ready code within aggressive Agile sprints and Waterfall deadlines.
- Designed and developed engaging front-end solutions that incorporated framework technologies and third-party solutions.
- Mentored junior developers to ensure alignment.
Lead Instructor at Westwood College
- Taught Studio Art, Photoshop, Web Design, 3D Modeling, Drawing, Art History.
- Mentor and advised students.
Artistic Director at Firmenich
- Co-Creator of the “The Sensorium” – the annual interactive marketing installation
- Lead visual artist on core-clients (Victoria’s Secret, LVMH, AVON, Estée Lauder brands) North America B2B Fragrance
- Authored and programmed robust multimedia stories to support marketing and sales
- New York Academy of Art, MFA, Painting
- Art Students League of New York, Studio Painting
- Allegheny College, BA, Fine Arts/Philosophy
- University of Georgia, Summer Art Program in Cortona, Italy
- Nielsen Norman Group, UX Certified License 1010694
- Fashion Institute of Technology, Certificate in Fragrance Marketing
- Firmenich Perfumery, Certificate in Olfactive Training
- Creative Visual Storytelling, Abstract Expressionism, Creative Problem Solving
- UX Strategy, Personas, Analytics, Wire-framing, Prototypes, Documentation, Usability Testing, Interaction Design
- Development Design Patterns, Site Architecture, Information Design
- UX Design AxurePro, OmnigrafflePro, Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Abstract, HTML/JS prototypes, Flinto
- UX Analytics Site Catalyst, HotJar, Optimizely, Synthesio, User Zoom, Amplitude, AirTable
- Back-End PHP, iOS Swift, Python, MySQL, xCode, IntelliJ IDEA, Vagrant, SSL, SSH, GIT
- Linux/osX VIM, BASH, server admin (Apache, Tomcat, Glassfish), Maven, Gradel, HomeBrew
- Design Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash)
- Project Management Jira, Confluence, ActiveCollab, BaseCamp, Agile, AHA!
- Business MS Office 360, Apple (Keynote, Numbers, Pages)
- Content Management Systems Drupal, WordPress, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM, formerly CQ)
- Traditional Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Drafting, Portraiture, Landscape, Still-Life, Installation, Egg-Tempera
- 2018 Nerd Nite San Diego – Session on Painting and Hacking
- 2013 Future Trends Symposium, LA – Session on how programming proficiency will become a necessary skill
- 2011 Drupal Camp Key Note, Yale University – Talk on Ethics in Project Management
- 2011 Design 4 Drupal, Prague – Presentation on theme layer initiatives
- 2011 Design 4 Drupal, MIT – Presentation on theme layer initiatives
- 2010 Design 4 Drupal, MIT – Session on UX Design Design Patterns
- 2009 Design 4 Drupal, MIT – Sessions in the Beginning Themers track
- 2009 Drupal Camp, NYC – Volunteer, ad hoc speaker
- 2008 Drupal Camp, NYC – Afternoon session on Advanced Drupal Theming
- 2007 – 2013 Drupal Project – Themes, Modules, Documentation for the project
- 2010 – 2013 Drupal Play Days – Creator, host and community organizer. Playdays now have a life of their own!
- 2008 – 2013 Drupal NYC Meetup – “N00bie Table”– Creator and host. Come with questions, leave with expertise!
- 2008 – 2014 Drupal Camps – Contributor, guest speaker, torch-bearer