I make products efficient, effective, and effortless by designing meaningful experiences that resonate with people.
My UX strategy isn’t set in stone. Simply put, I choose the tool that will get me to the desired outcome.
UX artifacts are simply the means to an end.
Lead UX Designer at Cushman & Wakefield
Feb 2019 – Present
As a contractor, I advise stakeholders through the production of an application for multi-family, real-estate appraisers.
By listening, observing, interviewing, and testing, I ensure the product we create will suit the needs of our colleagues.
Lead UX Designer at 7 Cups
Aug 2018 / Dec 2018
7 Cups mission is to provide affordable mental healthcare for the world.
As 7 Cups’ first UX designer, I was tasked to make their touch-points less vexing. To do so, I conducted user needs interviews and hosted surveys to deliver personas.
I designed wire-frames and prototypes, hosted usability tests, produced over 400 design artifacts, and several iterations of their flagship app – complete with wireframes, composites, and prototypes.
Finally, my homepage redesign created a 65% lift in engagement and conversion.
Senior UX Designer / Developer at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Mar 2014 / Aug 2018
Thermo is the world largest supplier of resources, instruments, and consumables for the bio-technology and scientific communities.
For our Selection Guides project, I reduced production costs from >$30k / 60 days to < $500 / 3 days by analyzing and unifying 358 disparate e-commerce tools across thermofisher.com.
As UX lead on a cloud application, I designed e-commerce awareness within uploaded lab notes for global bench scientists. This addition received 100% adoption reviews and would be the main reason to use the application according to user comments.
Innovation Forecast Manager, Consultant
A colleague at my former company asked for assistance in guiding global teams on effective practices for social media engagement and conversion.
I met with and guided remote, global teams and produced interactive reports of insights, findings, and recommendations. We mined social media data pools to analyze trends and develop predictions.
Web Applications Engineer (Front and Back End)
Bravo! @ NBC/Universal | Drupal Connect | NorthPoint Solutions| Sony Music Entertainment
Life as a developer was task based rather than outcome based. I engineered and committed production ready code within aggressive Agile sprints and Waterfall deadlines, designed and developed engaging front-end solutions that incorporated framework technologies and third-party solutions, and mentored junior developers to ensure alignment across projects and solutions.
Artistic Director at Firmenich
At the start of my career, I was a co-creator of The Sensorium, the annual interactive marketing installation that redefined what a presentation could be within the health and beauty industry. “Sensoriums” continue on as a core brand for Firmenich.
My primary clients were Victoria’s Secret, LVMH, AVON, and all Estée Lauder brands.
I produced artwork within their existing design languages to win business by focusing solely on communicating aspirational experience. During this time, I authored and programmed robust multimedia stories in Flash and Director to serve the demands of this fast-paced environment.
Here is where I caught the programming bug.
- New York Academy of Art, MFA, Painting
- Art Students League of New York, Studio Painting
- Allegheny College, BA, Fine Arts/Philosophy
- University of Georgia, Summer Art Program in Cortona, Italy
- Nielsen Norman Group, UX Certified License 1010694
- Fashion Institute of Technology, Certificate in Fragrance Marketing
- Firmenich Perfumery, Certificate in Olfactive Training
- Creative Visual Storytelling, Abstract Expressionism, Creative Problem Solving
- UX Strategy, Personas, Analytics, Wire-framing, Prototypes, Documentation, Usability Testing, Interaction Design
- Development Design Patterns, Site Architecture, Information Design
- UX Design AxurePro, OmnigrafflePro, Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Abstract, HTML/JS prototypes, Flinto
- UX Analytics Site Catalyst, HotJar, Optimizely, Synthesio, User Zoom, Amplitude, AirTable
- Back-End PHP, iOS Swift, Python, MySQL, xCode, IntelliJ IDEA, Vagrant, SSL, SSH, GIT
- Linux/osX VIM, BASH, server admin (Apache, Tomcat, Glassfish), Maven, Gradel, HomeBrew
- Design Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash)
- Project Management Jira, Confluence, ActiveCollab, BaseCamp, Agile, AHA!
- Business MS Office 360, Apple (Keynote, Numbers, Pages)
- Content Management Systems Drupal, WordPress, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM, formerly CQ)
- Traditional Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Drafting, Portraiture, Landscape, Still-Life, Installation, Egg-Tempera
- 2018 Nerd Nite San Diego – Session on Painting and Hacking
- 2013 Future Trends Symposium, LA – Session on how programming proficiency will become a necessary skill
- 2011 Drupal Camp Key Note, Yale University – Talk on Ethics in Project Management
- 2011 Design 4 Drupal, Prague – Presentation on theme layer initiatives
- 2011 Design 4 Drupal, MIT – Presentation on theme layer initiatives
- 2010 Design 4 Drupal, MIT – Session on UX Design Design Patterns
- 2009 Design 4 Drupal, MIT – Sessions in the Beginning Themers track
- 2009 Drupal Camp, NYC – Volunteer, ad hoc speaker
- 2008 Drupal Camp, NYC – Afternoon session on Advanced Drupal Theming
- 2007 – 2013 Drupal Project – Themes, Modules, Documentation for the project
- 2010 – 2013 Drupal Play Days – Creator, host and community organizer. Playdays now have a life of their own!
- 2008 – 2013 Drupal NYC Meetup – “N00bie Table”– Creator and host. Come with questions, leave with expertise!
- 2008 – 2014 Drupal Camps – Contributor, guest speaker, torch-bearer